WWF-Laos has not been involved in any formal bilateral partnership with a company in FY21.
However, it is important to note that WWF, as a global network organization, works with the corporate sector in the majority of its offices, and has committed itself to publicly report these engagements.
WWF’s Living Planet Reportshows that humanity and the way we feed, fuel, and finance our societies and economies is pushing nature and the services that power and sustain us to the brink. Agricultural expansion, deforestation, overfishing, urban development, energy use, mining and pollution are all driving habitat loss, water shortages and climate change.
Business drives much of the global economy, so we believe that companies also have a specific responsibility to ensure that the natural resources and ecosystems which underpin their own operations are used sustainably. By working with the private sector, WWF aims to change behavior and drive conservation results that would not be possible otherwise:
● promote better production and responsible sourcing of raw materials;
● encourage a switch to 100% renewable energy and away from fossil fuels;
● engage jointly on public policy;
● support the equitable sharing of natural resources;
● redirect financial flows to support conservation and sustainable ecosystem management;
● raise awareness of the need to consume more wisely; and
● protect some of the world’s most ecologically important places.
In general, WWF works with companies in three ways:
1. Driving sustainable business practices:
We seek to change practices throughout a company’s operations and value chain.
2. Communications and awareness raising activities:
We raise awareness of key environmental issues and mobilize consumer action.
3. Philanthropic relationships:
We raise money through these relationships for our priority conservation projects.
All WWF offices are committed to publicly report all our company relationships, their intent, objectives and impacts.
A Global Report of WWF’s largest corporate partnerships globally can also be found here.
For further information on corporate engagement at WWF-Laos,
please contact: Loris Palentini, Country Director of WWF-Laos